Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Loaded Zucchini Cookies

If you are trying to use up the abundance of zucchini coming from the garden right now, then here is a recipe to try.

I tweeked the original a bit. I rarely bake anything exactly as the recipe is.

There is nothing better than filling your home with the smell of some fresh baked cookies. YUM!!


LOADED ZUCCHINI COOKIES
1/2 cup butter, soft
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour (can use half whole wheat flour)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup flaked coconut
6 oz chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts (I use pecans, chopped)
1 cup shredded zucchini
Optional: raisins
Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and oatmeal; mix until smooth. Add coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, and zucchini. Mix well. Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Until brown around the edges.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment