I read an online devotion the other day. It was from Judges 6:11-18. It's the story of Gideon.
As I read, I didn't see a connection for my life. But I read anyway.
That afternoon, I had a mother-son battle with my 10 year old. After tears and time alone in the bedroom, I felt God telling me to read Gideon's story again.
Here is what he showed me:
v 12- The Lord tells Gideon ,"I am with you" and then calls him a "mighty warrior". He calls me a mighty warrior.. this must mean that I'm fighting a battle... but He is with me!
v 13- I question,"Why do my son and I struggle so much? If I'm raising him right, why is it not easier?"
v14- God says," have I not sent you?" He made me a mom for a reason.. He has a perfect plan!
v15- Gideon says,"my clan is the weakest.. I am the least..." I am not a perfect mom.. I'm not supermom!
v16- God says,"Surely, I will be with you" God is with me, helping and guiding! I'm not alone.
v18- God says, "I will wait. I will not leave..." What a wonderful promise to me as a mommy!
I saw Gideon's perspective and felt his fear of failure.
But God showed me in a difficult moment that He is there helping me fight the battle and raise my children in a Godly manner.
I think that Gideon has now become my favorite Bible story. I keep reading it for encouragement.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God is with you and He knows that you can do it and with this passage you now know you can do it. You are an inspiration Lisa don't forget it!! I miss you! see you soon! Great Blog, my daughter jessica has a blog so I can stay up on the grandkids. I am praying for you. love shala
ReplyDelete