- 11:00 pm-- finally fell asleep (I should have known better than to have that iced coffee at 4:00)
- 11:30 pm -- Second son comes stumbling into bedroom and into my bathroom. (He doesn't remember this at all)
12:30 am -- Sweet little 2 year old wanders into my bedroom, climbs up, and lays on my head. (why does she do that?) Put her back in her own bed!
1:45 am -- My husband's hand must be attracted to my face!
2:00 am-- What is that sound?! Oh, just the chicks fighting over a tiny piece of newspaper.
4:55 am -- Sweet little 2 year old climbs in bed and lays on my head... again! (I push her over to her Daddy)
5:58 am -- Yeah! Daddy finally gets up with 2 year old with the promise of watching Dora.
6:26 am-- Roll out of bed and hit the shower.
8:05 am-- Begin the 1 hour & 10 minute drive to pick up Oldest daughter from a friend.
10:55 am -- Home but only for a few minutes. Feed girls a snack, go potty, rush out.
11:30 am-- Arrive at soccer field for Daughter's team pictures.
12:00 noon-- Soccer game begins. Uh oh, who has snacks today? Wouldn't ya know it, ME! Dear hubby runs to store to pick something up for 14 hungry, sweaty little kids.
1:10 pm -- Drive 10 minutes to nearby town for Oldest Son's baseball game. Chase Little One around while trying to watch the game.
3:55 pm-- Head for home. (Where is that again? Directions, anyone?)
4:22 pm-- I think this is where we live. Check phone messages. What?!! Second Son has baseball practice right now!! Call hubby. He agrees to stay in town with boys for practice.
5:15 pm -- Begin to prepare a lovely, homemade meal for my family. Actually it was pretty good! Throw in a load of laundry. Hang up towels outside to dry.
7:00 pm-- Dinner cleaned up. Read books to Little One. Send Older Daughter to shower.
7:50 pm -- Check on animals. Put chickens to bed, collect eggs.
8:00 pm -- Send girls to bed. Prayers.
8:10 pm-- Send Little One to bed. 2nd time.
8:33pm-- Send Little One to bed with swat. 3rd time.
8:48 pm -- Train comes through 2 hours early. Little One is scared. Hold and cuddle until train is gone. Send Little One back to bed. 4th time.
9:08 pm-- Tuck ALL the boys into bed... including hubby.
9:20 pm -- House is quiet... except for the sound the chicks make in their corner of the living room.
9:30 pm -- Check emails. Read Bible. Catch up on blog.
GOOD NIGHT!!!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope you have a restful night Lisa. Ball games start for Garrett this week and practice for Carson. So here goes the rat race for us.
ReplyDeleteUghhhh I loved those days when my little ones crawled in but hated the bruises that I recieved from my wild sleepers, they were wild and they yakked all night in their sleep, boy I miss it.
ReplyDeleteLove visiting here even when you're tired. I'll put my own coffee cup in the dishwasher...
I can relate, right down to the train. We live across from the train station and I love it when it comes barreling through at 2:00 a.m. blowing it's whistle. Emily came in around 1:30 and woke me from a sound sleep to put her comforter over me. She was sleep walking! LOL
ReplyDeleteI hope you get some rest today, Lisa.
Precious post, Lisa!! You will look back and laugh and then wish for the good old days. You are such a terrific mom:) I wish I had that train to listen to as I love trains. When I'm back home in Kentucky we have a train come through in the night and it's the most wonderful, romantic sound to me. I always love catching up with you on your blog. Bless you this week as you live for Him!
ReplyDeleteI'm exhausted reading this!!!
ReplyDeleteJust loved this and yes, I can relate! You should keep these kinds of things you write in a scrapbook so that one day your children will read them....they will love it! In case you didn't know by now, I am a big journal, scrapbook, keeping guru. lol. blessings, Kathleen
ReplyDeleteSounds just about like our house. LOL
ReplyDeleteI love you and your blog. Sorry I havent been on here in a while.