Monday, March 29, 2010

Back to Normal....

...Whatever that is!
We have enjoyed our Spring Break and now it's back to the daily grind of school, sports and life.

Did everyone else have a good Break? I hope so.

I wanted to share this recipe that I got from my good friend, Tammi.
It is absolutely dangerously yummy!

HOMEMADE VANILLA CARAMEL
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 can (14 oz) of sweetened condensed milk
Bring this to a boil; stirring constantly. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and add:
1 bar cream cheese (8 oz), softened
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
Stir well.
This is so good drizzled over ice cream, brownies... well, any dessert for that matter.
We have also been eating it up with sliced apples.
I have mine stored in a glass canning jar in the frig.


Another random thing.
We had a big wind and rain storm last night... all night.
At about 4:30 this morning I heard the sound of something tin or metal crashing outside. Oh no.
My first thought was the roof to the chicken house. What a mess that would be!
But when I went out this morning to check on all the critters, all were safe and sound and dry.
Not sure what the metal sound was. I was just thankful that I wasn't going to be up on the chicken house repairing it in the wind and rain today.

Well, I pray that you all have a wonderful day. That you will see God's hand in your life.
That He will make Himself known to you today in a very special way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lisa, Your recipe sounds wonderful. I will have to make! We're big caramel fans here and love pouring stuff over brownies, etc. Our spring break isn't till next week. Isn't that funny - you'd think school districts would be uniform. Bless you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the same wind storm and we had one the night before too. I woke in the middle of the night wondering about my new greenhouse, the rational me laughed at the picture of the sleepy nutty me running out to physically brace a twelve foot high wall! But both mornings we woke to all being well, and again this morning after last nights steady down pour and occasional gusts.

    I have cream cheese and I think I'll try this, I'm sure we need caramel something for Easter!

    ReplyDelete