Thursday, March 4, 2010

Blessings





Today I'm thankful for so many blessings in my life....

  • discovering a new snack, hummus with spinach and pita chips.... yum!

  • heart to heart talk with my teen son

  • laughing with my children as I chase them around the house

  • a vehicle that gets me where I need to be

  • a husband who loves me

  • teaching and talking with my son, applying scripture to his life

  • sunshine that peeks out from behind the clouds

  • pushing my daughter on the swings and hearing her laughter

  • learning some new skills with a camera
  • finding a hide-out for the kids to play in (where the blackberry bushes create little "rooms" underneath them)

  • gazing at the stars while I pet the cat

  • wondering if our dog is going to have puppies

  • knowing that I can take my concerns to God and He hears and answers

  • little broccoli and lettuce sprouts basking in the sunlight

  • having money to get groceries to feed my family (even though I can't stand grocery shopping!)

  • having tax return money to be able to pay off a couple of bills

  • a warm bed

  • a homemade dinner of vegetable beef soup and wheat bread

God is so good!

5 comments:

  1. He most certainly is and all the time! What a lot you have to be thankful for and I'm bettin' that list doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. Never can my eyes look about me that I do not see more blessings or reminders of blessings than I can possible list. My heart bursts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfulness is the secret of JOY! And I think you've discovered it, Lisa! Reading this makes me happy. Thanks for the encouragement today:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are all lovely things to be thank-ful for Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are truly things to be thankful and feel blessed for!

    ReplyDelete