I am a list-maker. I have multiple lists going on at the same time.
There is the shopping list that is an ongoing task. Writing down things needed as I realize it. But the thing with the shopping list is that it never goes away. I go the the store, get what is on the list, come home and find something that should have been on the list but never made it there.
Then there is the household chore list. This is where I keep track of projects, chores, extra things that need done. This list may include entries such as: replace windshield wipers, clean out fridge, make dentist appts., change bulb in bathroom, organize the baby's grow-into clothes, get goat and chicken food at feed store, etc...
Another list I usually have is my "to read" list. Having a 16 month old makes a trip to library a hectic occasion. She loves to get her own books to read. In other words, a handful of books usually ends up spread out on the floor when she gets the idea to "read". I'm sure the librarian cringes when she sees us coming. I do try to replace books in their proper place but as fast as I'm reshelving, my child is finding books to "read". So the list consists of books I would like to rent from the library. I take my little paper with the list in and as quickly as possible find and check out. Now when I have the older kids with me, this is not as easy as I would like it to be. All 3 of them like to wander and browse. Don't get me wrong, I think this is great!! But sometimes I wish they would speed the process up a bit!
And yet, another list I usually have in process is my mealtime planning list. This is a wonderful help to me if I keep on top of it. I will grab a couple cookbooks and write down complete meals on a notepad. This comes in handy for my grocery list also. I can add the items needed for the meals that are not already in the cupboards. Once the shopping is done (well kinda done), all I need to do in the morning is decide which meal I'll make that evening. Take the meat out to thaw or get it going in the crock pot.
On occasion, I will have a list going in preparation of a trip. This summer we took a couple of mini vacations. And for each one, I had my list on the counter. Ready to add and mark off. What food to take and prepare, items to not forget, and any specialty things that need packed for that specific trip.
Please don't get the idea that I'm Mrs. Organization. I am not! Repeat, I am not! I try to keep my ongoing lists to make things easier and quicker for me. This doesn't always pan out how I've planned. But you can't blame me for not trying, right?
I love lists!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm there. I usually have a notebook with all my lists in it.
ReplyDeleteSeems they never really get done, though.