Saturday, September 27, 2008

Season's Change

This morning I was able to sneak out for a walk by myself!! (This very rarely happens, thus the excitement). I grabbed my camera and headed out to find evidence of the changing seasons. The beauty of this time of year always awes me. The temperature is perfect today, about 70. I wish I could share with you the way it smells and sounds in this lovely little valley we live in. I guess I will try to bring you here by using words.

The air is so fresh and clean. A sort of earthy sweetness floats around as the breeze rustles the leaves gently. I can almost smell the ripe blackberries hanging on the bushes nearby.

At first I began thinking how quiet it is to take a walk by myself, but then I realized it's not quiet at all. The crickets are singing away in the tall grass of the pasture. The river seems to giggle as it flows over the rocks. And in the background I can hear my chickens, clucking away, content just to peck at the dirt and lay eggs. An apple tree catches my attention as some apples fall to the ground making a "thump" on the ground.

As for the visual beauty, you are lucky. I get to share this with you and hopefully you'll enjoy the walk with me.

A tree in the front yard.

Leaves changing near the river.



The railroad tracks even look pretty today!

Looking back through the pasture at the house.

The last sweet berries of summer.

A Viney Maple along the riverbank.

Apples hanging on the tree.


Just something cute about a dandelion all by itself.

My devotion from yesterday comes to mind:

Psalm 104:24

"O Lord, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions-"


2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking you should become an author. Because your descriptive writing is so well done, that I actually went for a walk with you, and all my senses enjoyed it. -- bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's much prettier where you live than where I live!!! :)

    ReplyDelete