Thursday, May 7, 2009

10 Things....

... I love about this time of year:

1. Lilacs blooming...
(my very favorite flower!)



2. Baby Chicks. I should be getting my day-old chicks in the next day or two. Can't hardly wait!

3. Rhubarb in the garden (& in my cobbler!):



4. Songbirds. They sound so beautiful right now.

5. Summer is close. Soon the kids will be out of school and we'll spend every afternoon swimming in the river!:



6. Baby Calves in the Pasture.:




7. Baseball & Soccer. Actually I have a love/hate relationship with sports seasons. But I definitely love watching my kids have fun playing on a team.

8. Outside Play (when it's not raining).:
the kids made a homemade hammock using heavy twine and a blanket. Imaginations!!




9. Longer Daylight. I love being able to take a walk or spend time outside in the evening.


10. BBQ's. Oh the smell of hot dogs and hamburgers cooking on the grill. There is nothing better!
And I just thought I'd share this picture with you all. My little one playing outside in her dress and rubber boots. I asked her to show me her boots and this is what she did:


5 comments:

  1. Just love your list of 10 things! You have the best listed for sure! Your little girl is so precious! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same. What a great list :) It's so great to feel like I'm having one of conversations by just reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love your list!! The pictures are priceless, too. I get a lift everytime I come over here:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! I love your list of things! We love very simliar things and how I wish I lived in the country!!! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I am making those flowers for a group of gals who are taking a quilt class from me. Every month I make a different "block" and at the end of the year we'll put all of them together to make a surprise framed piece of art. Fun stuff! Loved lurking through your blog and seeing all the animals. You are one busy momma! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete