Thus, the idea of unexplored territory.
I'm a girl, which means there is alot about boys I don't know or understand.
I have come to be aware of this as my boys are growing up and sometimes I shake my head in confusion.
How do boys work?
I recently bought this book and have since read it once and skimmed it back over a second time.
It's written by a Christian man.
So to get a man's perspective and ideas on how Mom's can influence their sons to become Godly men, was nice.
I recommend this book to all Mom's with boys. Rick Johnson does a good job of being honest and informative about what makes boys tick.
A couple of my favorite quotes:
--"A parent's main task is to receive a child as a charge from the Lord and then to dedicate the child to God's ways."
--"Manhood and Fatherhood are learned behaviors. Boys are visual creatures and learn by observing."
--"The only thing a man has that can't be taken from him is his character."
--" Your son needs the courage to continue to do what is right even when all those around him are calling for him to compromise."
Proverbs 1:8- My son, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother.
I will so read this. Oh lisa I'm having such difficulty with Logan! I'm brought to tears at least 3 times a week now. I'm beside myself and when I call Lake to have him talk to our son he says "you know if we were still together this wouldn't be happening" ahhhhggg1!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Lisa! I think boys are especially mysterious to us moms. You have two like me but then you have 2 sweet girls to balance all that testosterone! I will add this book to my list. It looks so good. Bless you!
ReplyDeleteLisa, good find.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great sounding book! I have one teen left,he will soon be 18. He is a delight! He is a young man after God's heart! I have two boys and one girl. The oldest son, was active and kept me on my toes when he was little, but made the teenage days so easy for me and has grown to be a fine young man. My daughter was so easy going when she was little, but as in most young girls when they turn to teens, her thoughts were filled with how she looked, how she dressed, and what every one else was doing trying her best to keep up with it all. I struggled with her mostly on rules that our family had and not what her peers family had. I was so releived to get through the teen years with her. She is now a confident young woman. To me, each child, even if you raise them with the same guidelines are so different especially when the teen years hit. I learned most to just listen and to be there for them. You will find your way and these wonderful books will help you along. I am sure you will do fine. blessings,Kathleen
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful book. I love having teen boys! They are definitely wired differently than my daughter. The main thing is feed them lots!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteVery inspirational post glad I tripped acrossed it. Myrna Rae
ReplyDelete