Sunday, May 24, 2009

Kids

I decided to do a little photo shoot with the 3 older kids. It's time to update their wall portraits and it's soooo expensive to have them done at the studio.

I had Lindsey's done in the studio last week for her 2 year portrait so those will be in soon.

Anyway, I think these turned out pretty good.








And on another note... I've almost got the garden completely planted. Just have cucumbers, zucchini, and pumpkins left to get in the ground!!

I'm calling it my "patchwork garden" and I'll show you why when I get it all done.

Hope you all have some sunshine to enjoy this weekend. mmmm... I can smell the BBQ's firing up all over the countryside.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pictures Lisa. When are you coming down this way? You could do a family portrait for me. LOL Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Lisa! You want to come and do my kids? I haven't had a formal picture taken in like 4 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we are grilling today!"smile" Your photos look just wonderful and even better than studio shots. I also know what you mean about the expense of pictures. When my children started public high school, the pictures were so expensive and they were not very good. However, for the photographer's defense, teenagers don't smile as eagerly as they did when they were little. Can't wait to see what a "patchwork" garden looks like! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! We rarely get portraits done professionally because of the expense. We take thousands of pics of the kids, but I never really thought about doing our own "portrait" shots each year. Maybe I'll do that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure don't need to hire a studio, your pictures are great! But it helps when you have beautiful and handsome subjects eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of your children Lisa! I can't wait to see your patchwork garden! sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for commenting and visiting my blog....super cute kiddos you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining my giveaway and becoming a follower. I also thank you for the lovely comment about the little boys quilt I made for a friend. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, I think you can add photographer to your list of accomplishments!! Of couse it helps to have beautiful kiddos!! I love the lilac background with Kaycie. Ours are in full bloom here and I'm hoping the rain holds off and doesn't take all the flowers. Have you ever smelled the double-white lilacs? We don't have any but want to plant one as they are so fragrant. Your blog is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe how co-operative your kids are being, beaming away! I always prefer the candid at home shots over the studio thing (is it just me, or do they look more natural?) and these ones work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The candid shots always work for me way more than the studio ones - you've done a great job!

    (and I've done an appalling job of leaving a comment - may have left two now, if you are 'moderating'. Apologies!

    ReplyDelete