Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Apple Pie Cake


This is so good... thought I'd share it today.
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
couple dashes of ground ginger
1 can Apple pie filling ( I use homemade apple pie filling), drained if there is alot of juice
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease a 9x13 baking pan.

Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and oil. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.

Fold in apple pie filling and chopped nuts. Mix only until combined, do not overmix.

Bake for 1 hour or until the cake tests done.

Rub butter over the warm cake to make a light, crispy top. You can also sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.

This cake is so good, warm from the oven!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, Lisa. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you don't have any left:) That seems to be the problem here and I only half the kids you do! Yum! Great recipe for the holidays, Lisa! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete