Monday, November 30, 2009

Windy Days-- Done!! and I Won Something!!


Here is the Windy Days Wall Hanging-- all done!

The pattern is called Windy Days because of the Pinwheel and Windmill blocks.
I fell in love with this pattern the second I saw it in a book (sorry, can't remember which one) from our local library. I immediately copied off the pattern and instructions, knowing that some day I would make this one!!
Well, I had the perfect opportunity lately. My bestest girl, Marla, had a birthday coming up. She had given me some great fabric for my birthday back in October so I chose to use some of it for this quilt to give to her.

I left the hanging rings off just in case she would want to use it as a lap quilt, sofa throw, or table topper.
I just wish I was better at points and matching up seams. Practice makes perfect, right? I sure hope so, because I am far from perfect!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARLA!!! I love you!!
Here is the back:





And I recently won a giveaway at Sandi Andersen's blog!

Here are my goodies:


3 fat quarters in beautiful, starry print...
an adorable packet of buttons... snowmen, trees, snowflakes...
and a little gift bag decorated by Sandi!!

Thanks Sandi, it was so sweet of you to send these my way!!


5 comments:

  1. The quilt is gorgeous, Lisa! You do such beautiful work. I really like the fabric you won too and can't wait to see what you are going to turn it into now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great prizes and a great quilt- I love the colors that you used in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't think of a better winner, Lisa, than you:) I know you'll get a lot of joy out of these lovely things. Beautiful quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my quilt Lisa. It was a very thoughtful gift. I love you and miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete