Check this out!
Give A Kid A Quilt is a charity organization in the Pacific Northwest that is just starting up.
The plan is to send in quilt tops (they don't even have to be bound or quilted!) or your completed quilts and they will be distributed to babies and children in desperate need of warmth this winter.
The quilts or quilt tops can be anywhere from 24" square up to twin size.
What a wonderful way to share love and warmth with families that need it!
I've been reading in Proverbs 31 about the Virtuous Wife... something I strive to be, but always fall short. I know I'm a work in progress. God is revealing things to me every day. He is faithful to show me my err in a loving, gentle way.
After reading about Give A Kid A Quilt, I was back in Proverbs 31 and came across this:
"She extends her hand to the poor,
Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy" - Proverbs 31: 20
Well, that answers it for me. That was the direction I was looking for.
Thank You again, God, for showing me your path for me!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteHow interesting - I've been in Proverbs 31 myself lately!! I love the verse you picked out and that this is such a practical way to help extend love and warmth! Great, great, great:) You are a wonder! God bless you! And them!
That is funny because I've been reading Proverbs 31 too! What a wonderful way to use your lovely quilts!
ReplyDelete