Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Breathtaking!

Being outside right now literally takes your breath away. Not only the beauty of the frost and ice but also the air chill sucks it right out of you!

Our pipes froze up early yesterday morning, so Ken and I spent the entire day trying to thaw out the pipes. Finally got it at about 7:30 last night. Yea for water!!!

We just aren't used to or prepared for this kind of cold. Yesterday morning was 9 degrees and this morning it was only 6 degrees.

The woodstove is definitely getting its workout, Burning nonstop!!
I'm also spending alot of time trying to keep the animals safe, warm and watered. Not an easy task when the water freezes up within minutes of putting it out!!

Last week, before this arctic chill hit, Bear and I went for a hike up on the hill by the house.
It was absolutely breathtaking!!! The sky was the most beautiful, crisp blue and the views are amazing of the valley.





We spent awhile just sitting on an old tree stump, admiring the view.
We could see for miles without a single evidence of civilization!
"Godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."
--- 1 Timothy 6: 6-8
Giveaway:
Kimberly over at Brown Bag Studio is giving away some adorable, handmade Christmas goodies!
She is being very generous with her talents!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!




5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, thanks for your visit and good luck!
    Your pictures are beautiful! Where do you live? I'm adding you to my daily read list... looking forward to getting to know you!
    Take care, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    What wonderful pics! We had frozen pipes today, too, and lots of damage in the garage. Hope you all are okay there and staying round the woodstove tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, and your kids are gorgeous. It sounds so freezing, not like here where we are moving into summer! Keep warm and snuggle up with your sweeties xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's getting colder here too, Lisa. Not my favorite type of weather at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something that I am not missing right now, frozen pipes! Although it has been 32 or so here in the morning, cold for us!

    I love the view from your hike! I look forward to seeing more of these views in the not too distant future!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete