Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Crafty Gifts

Kaycie is my little crafty girl. She loves anything she can make with her own hands. She chose to make these rice-filled heating pads and everyone LOVED them!
There were actually more than what is in the picture but she had already wrapped some up for gifts.

Super easy, super quick, and super useful!!

Some were scented with peppermint oil and others had chamomile tea mixed in with the rice.

I try to stress to my kids the importance of thoughtful, handmade gifts. They all love to create something that they can be proud of and get so excited to share with family members.
Ryan knit a scarf for Great Granny. We have some of the rectangle and circular looms to make scarves and hats. Those are quite addictive, by the way.
We aren't done with Christmas yet. Tonight is a get-together at my Dad's house with my 2 older brothers and their families. So I need to get off here and get the bread baked for dinner.
Have a wonderful week with your families. Enjoy the peacefulness of the Christmas Season.

6 comments:

  1. Good for your daughter. I made rice heating bags a couple years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it and my recipients did as well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped over doing some catching up. It looks like you are having a good Christmas. Merry Christmas to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did a great job on those. I could use one for my back right now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Kaycie!! These are so cool:) You're giving her such a gift, Lisa, passing down your sewing and craft talent. I know folks just love them! Bless you all today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that the kids are learning that making something for someone, is the greatest gift. Giving of themselves!

    Happy New Year! And thank you for your support over at my blog. Take care, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the heated rice pack idea. How do you heat them?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete