Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Grade?.... Incomplete!


Ok, so I haven't finished the Bible quilt I was making for someone special.

Christmas is what?.... 7 days away!... really?

It's that close?!!!

I just haven't had any time to sit down and work on it. I wish I had planned ahead better. Oh well, she will love it even if I finish it in May.

I don't believe in Pass/No Pass grading systems. A kid should receive the grade that has been earned. So I guess in this case, I've received a BIG, FAT F!

On the other hand, I have been busy at the kids' school. Watching basketball games, taking inventory for the booster club, volunteering for Holiday Hobby Day (super fun!), helping with gingerbread houses, etc.

We also went caroling at some Assisted Living Homes last Sunday. The kids had such a great time and it blessed my heart to see my children interacting with those people. I know that they enjoyed singing and visiting with the elderly folks.

2 more days of school!!! I'm jumping for joy! Can't hardly wait to have my kids home so we can stay in PJ's and bake up a storm!

I hope and pray that you all are enjoying this Christmas and being able to spend some time reflecting on the greatest gift of all time... Jesus!


Merry Christmas!!


"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."------- John 1: 14

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the pjs and baking! Love your verse today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh yeah I'm sorry but you do not get to get an F or an incomplete, in Lanny's world you just are not done till you have A work sitting in front of you. Dates schmates, those are just guidelines really.

    I'm glad you are looking forward to the kiddos being home with you, that makes my heart smile and I'm all warm and toasty now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I was going to say something about an "F" but I see you've already considered it! ;) It will get done and the recipient won't care if it was by Christmas or not. A quilt is a gift you'd gladly wait for!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It blesses me knowing you and your kids blessed those folks at the assisted living center, Lisa. I'm hoping Paul gets good enough at fiddling to join the group that goes here several times a week. Bet there's a lot of Christmas excitement at your house:) You are such a wonderful mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a mother and a role model..you get an A+! My son's last day of school till the new year! We don't have to get up at 6! Have a great weekend. blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete