I love how the binding turned out. I just kept the backing 2" wider all around than the top. Then wrapped it up & over the top; stitched it down and that was it! Super simple and because I had put some patchwork pieces of left over fabric on the back, it shows around on the binding.
For the quilting, I alternated with free-hand stars and a square spiral. In the corners, I did X's. No measuring or using a ruler, just completely funky sewing.
Here's a close-up of the star quilting:
And one of the square spirals:
Now I have the boys asking for their own quilts.
Ryan wants Oregon State fabric. Isn't that a surprise!?
Kyle wants one that we saw that had American History images in the fabric. Like Civil War and pioneer scenes. I think this one may be a challenge.
But for now, I'm pleased with the finished cowgirl quilt and glad it's done.
Great job, Kaycie! It looks wonderful.
ReplyDeleteYou girls make a great team. Good Job.
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI'm not surprised about kyles quilt either. He loves that stuff:)
ReplyDeleteSo I have a pattern for an OSU quilt that my aunt is making:) your going to love it! I'll see if I can get it to you.
What a pretty quilt and what a good job you did Kaycie! Lisa, Kaycie will remember this when she grows older......my daughter helped me crochet a granny square afghan, sitting in the car, while we waited for her older brother to get out of school. She was so proud of that and she is now a grown woman and still remembers that time....with a smile! Have a great weekend, blessings,Kathleen
ReplyDeleteDone is always good. :) I'm trying to do more of my own quilting instead of sending it out - that's getting pricey! I liked both of your ideas and I'm going to try them. blessings, marlene
ReplyDeleteIt looks great I love quilts. Stephanie
ReplyDelete