Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Time for New Jogging Shoes

I'm actually working on one of my goals for 2009, to say "bye-bye" to those 10-12 lbs hangin on after having Lindsey!


Here is my new workout partner:

bought for $150 from my Dad. They had it for 2 years and used it only 4-5 times. Not a fancy one, but it does the job!



I guess it's time to get some new jogging shoes. Mine are old and yucky but for me to go shoe shopping is like pull-my-tooth-out-with-tweezers enjoyable. I dislike shoe shopping!

And here is where it gets really CRAZY!



I'm actually going to put a picture of myself on here!. Just got done with 1.5 miles (3/4 mile of jogging, 3/4 mile of fast walking). Glistening forehead and all!!

I'm gonna start slow and small and just work my way up to more distance.

It's not much but I feel good... I'm happy!

IT'S A START!

UPDATE: i couldn't stay off the thing and ended up doing another .5 mile. Total for the day= 2 miles!

9 comments:

  1. Nice work Lisa! You should be proud of yourself for taking the first steps. I'm trying to get back into the habit of exercising too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Great can you find me one I am tired of running in the cold and rain?

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Marla... i know for a fact you are over the 1.5 mile mark on your runs. you are the one who has inspired me to get up off my hiney and do something! i love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job Lisa Harold and I just got back from a walk. We walk while the boys are at basketball. Its not easy to make your self go but you always feel better later. Love Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about your post all day. I'm admiring you. I really need to do the same, lose a couple of Kg, get back to my comfortable size. My clothes a not fitting as nice as they did. That would mean giving up chocolate and ice-cream. How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for you Lisa! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! I'm proud of you. Maybe the Elk's hoove is meant as a reward for your hard work! :)!

    ReplyDelete