Am I the only Mom who has not made her childrens bedrooms look as if they are out of a showroom?
Is there anyone else out there who realizes that the room is going to get trashed anyways?
Am I the only one who wants my kids to have their things and their own belongings in their own space?
I would love to be able to have neat, tidy, spotless, perfectly decorated bedrooms... but is that realistic?
I choose not to spend my energy and time fretting over the impossible task of keeping my kids' rooms perfect!
AND HERE IS THE PROOF!!......
This is the girls' room...
For some reason, Kaycie has decided lately that she wants to sleep on the floor. She has a super comfy bed so I don't know why she is doing that. Last night she told me it's like she's camping. That makes sense!
Lindsey is still sleeping in the little playpen. We are keeping our eyes and ears open to find a set of bunk beds for them.
Here is Bear's room:
Notice all the "junk" under the bed. I don't know why, but this boy likes boxes. He has boxes around his room holding various things.
He has no certain way that he sleeps on his bed. Sometimes his head at one end and then another night his head will be at the opposite end. Whatever makes him comfortable!

Another view:
More boxes. Crooked posters. Overflowing laundry basket.
Are you completely horrified yet?
And here is Ryan's room:
Actually his room is not too bad right now. We had company the other night, which means his room was tidied up for company to sleep in.

I won't even show a picture of my bedroom. It would literally cause nightmares. When we don't know what to do with something, that's where it usually ends up!
I consider myself a decent housekeeper. I clean and tidy. You wouldn't know it by the looks of these pictures, but clutter stresses me out!
And don't get the wrong idea, I do make my kids clean their rooms about once per week. Other then that, the doors stayed close and I don't have to see the messes.
So tell me, do your kids' rooms look showcase beautiful? Or do you let it go and just be a kids room?
My kids rooms look like they are from a Pottery Barn catalog.
ReplyDeleteYEAH RIGHT!!!!! :) I won't take shots of my kids rooms to proove that they are not though ;)
Really now, Lisa--those rooms are clean by my kids standards. Gregory has become pretty neat lately, although he doesn't always bring his dirty clothes down. Bridget is just cluttered. The little girls rooms often do not have a visible floor - about 6 inches deep of toys, books, clean and dirty clothes, etc. I try not to stress over it either - too much other things to do that are more important.
ReplyDeleteyou are not the only one. i just ignore the kids clutter most of the time, also their rooms are not really set up for storage the way i want, so i figure until i have it that way they get some slack. i did finally paint the girls' room and we are going to re-do their closet so it is better suited for 2 girls. this summer my goal is to finally get my house organized and purge the unecessary crap that creates the clutter. i am not horrified by your mess, it looks like their rooms are lived in, not sterile! love ya amber
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to hear that my house is not the only one with messy kid rooms!! Thanks for encouraging me ladies!
ReplyDeleteoh honey girl! You know my kids rooms. uggh! although my boys are keeping a very clean room...yay! Getting them trained. The girls however you still have to climb the mountain of clothes.
ReplyDeleteI always tried to keep my childrens rooms looking clean and orderly......did not work...however, the result instead was a room full of happy busy children....playing and singing. That is so well worth it. I just loved your recent posts on your garden sprouts and your pretty little quilt! Just wonderful. blessings,Kathleen
ReplyDeleteI wish my kids'rooms were as clean as yours. Thank you so much for posting this - nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles with this.
ReplyDeleteAt the store the other day someone held up a shirt they liked and wanted to know if they could get it. I said I didn't think we needed any more carpeting upstairs.
ReplyDeleteAll four of my girls have shared rooms since the second one was born, it taught them how to live with a spouse. Their rooms were their responsibility, cleanliness, tidiness and decorating, I helped and we often had "lessons" on how to. The two oldest are now really great homemakers.
The price of a "showcase" bedroom is often more than the tally on the credit card. Your kids appear very well adjusted sans Pottery Barn.