Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Fair and Free Fabric!

Today was the 4 - H Fair. The weather couldn't have been better and the kids had a great time!

Kaycie signed up to help at her clubs' booth for 2 hours. She ended up staying there for 3 hours... she was having soooo much fun. Here she is with her leader preparing to tie-dye:


Another fun project they provided for the kids at the fair was a cute little craft making pigs out of pinecones.
Lilly and Kaycie had a good time getting all the craft items ready:Her group also did facepainting! They were busy!!!

We took a little break and went over the carnival. It's absolutely INSANE how much it cost for 2 rides!!!! Unfortunately I had given the boys their money in the morning and they chose to blow it on ice cream, popcorn and creamosa drinks! So by the time we got to the carnival, they only had a few bucks left. Live and learn!!

When the money's gone, it's gone!!



The cool, crafty display at our booth:

This is what Lindsey thought of the fair after being there for 6 hours!:

The local quilter's guild was there finishing up some charity quilts. The ladies were so sweet and allowed me to oooh and awww all over there work!


They had 3 huge baskets sitting on their table with a paper sign saying "Free Fabric". No Way!!! I began to dig through and one older lady handed me a ziploc baggy and said "fill it up!" This is what I ended up with:

A couple hundred assorted prints and colors in 2.5 inch squares, some rectangles, odd size bits, and 1/8 yards. She told me to go ahead and take more but I didn't want to look greedy so I slowly backed up to allow some other women to take a baggy and start digging.

A great day... a fun day... an exhausting day!!



---- " There are many who say,
"Who will show us any good?"
Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.
You have put gladness in my heart,
More than in the season
that their grain and wine increased.
I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O Lord,
make me dwell in safety."
-Psalm 4: 6 - 8

3 comments:

  1. Free fabric??? Awesome! :)
    Glad to see the kids had so much fun. Fair time is one of my favorite times of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What good memories, skills and fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! With free fabric? You can't beat that. I also love your coin quilt on your previous post. Very pretty! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete