Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Hot One!

It's supposed to be a scorcher here today.... 90 degrees! That's pretty hot!!

I've been out to take care of animals, making sure they all have plenty of fresh water and shade.

I've also been in the garden, trying to get as many weeds out as possible before the heat causes me to wither.

I'm getting some laundry out to dry. Love the smell of sun dried clothes... mmmm!

Need to get some cookies baked before it's too hot and I won't want to warm up the kitchen.


Last night I started cutting out strips to make a Coin Quilt. I've wanted to make one for awhile now, we'll see how it goes. Maybe during nap time, I can get some of it put together...


Once that is all done, it will be a lazy afternoon at the river. Yeah!!

The boys both have ball games in Newport tonight. It will be much cooler in town then in our little valley here. (we are about 30 minutes inland).





Lindsey had the right idea last weekend at my Mom's house when it was warm outside. Just play in Grandma's fountain to cool down!!


Hope you all have a relaxing, fun summer day.... wherever you are!

6 comments:

  1. ooh, I can't wait to see the quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    I'm trying to catch up with everyone after a bit of a break. We've had nothing but rainy weather here. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great fountain! I love the sound of splashing water. Lindsey, too, looks like:) Happy 4th to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost as hot out there as it is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from Spain¡ I'm Laura Frantz' brother and just followed your comment to your sight. You have a lovely family and I just wanted to thank you for the highlighted verse from Isaiah--it's amazing how after all these years of reading and study, a verse will suddenly appear out of nowhere and make me wonder how I never saw it before. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I know what you mean about the heat. We have gotten two days of good rain and a great relief from the heat. There are always weeds to weed as well. Your little one is so precious! I have never heard of a coin quilt....I cant wait to see it when you are done! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete