Sunday, November 22, 2009

Give A Kid A Quilt-- 1st Top is Done!!!

I have finished one top for the Give A Kid A Quilt charity. I really like how it turned out.....


I didn't use a pattern, just kinda did my own layout and I think it turned out cute.

The little squares with pictures of fairys, butterflies and bluebirds came from an old sheet that we don't use anymore.




I've prayed over this one, as I was stitching it all together, I prayed that it would bless some little girl with warmth and comfort during the cold winter nights.

There are 2 more sets of fabric that I plan on using for a couple more quilt tops.

Putting these tops together has really made me think on how blessed my family is.
I'm thankful that:
-my children are safe
- my children are sleeping warmly in cozy beds right now
- my children have never been in need of anything
- my children go to bed every night with food in their tummies
- my children get a hug and kiss from mommy and daddy every night

I realize that there are so many out there tonight that are cold, lonely, scared, tired, and hungry. Those children are just as important to God as mine are. He sees them, He knows them by name, He knows every fear they may have.

Providing a few warm quilts (something that most of us take for granted) for some kids, brings a happiness to my heart.
I pray that whichever child wraps themselves up in "my" quilt, will someday know Jesus as their Savior. Comfortor. Friend. Companion. Fortress. Shield. Rock. Salvation.


Then they also brought infants to Him that He might touch them; but when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
But Jesus called them to Him and said,
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
--- Luke 18: 15-17


11 comments:

  1. I love the quilt. And this was a great post. So nice of you to share your time and skills with a child. Thanks for reminding me of all I have to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Lisa! What a wonderful charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you as a mother would be her daughter. This is great work, and what a prayerful thought that goes with it. Glad I've found your site. Happy Thanksgiving.

    Grammyof13

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing you have done and it is just lovely. I also love your cheerful header! So sweet. Have a happy Thanksgiving. blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special quilt!

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right - We are so lkucky but not many of us realise it. Love the fact that you have recycled some fabric. It is so cute and I am sure that it will be much loved. Hugs - Fiona XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep sewing, Lisa! You have a gift:) Beautiful thoughts here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful and special quilt!

    We should all count our blessings, I know I am very thankful for all I have as well.

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. Great thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have said it before Lisa, I love your heart for Jesus, and I love you. Keep shining for God. You are such a blessing to me my friend.

    ReplyDelete