I stopped by the library yesterday to pick up some books to browse.
Love this one....
Planting a Pizza Patch Garden (in the shape of a pizza with all the fixins for homemade pizza!), a Sunflower Hideaway, Nibbling and Sipping Garden(everything is edible and munchable).
How to make pretty much anything into a container for planting flowers, herbs and veggies.
The rubber boots turned into a container for herbs is adorable.
This book has tons of information put into basic wording. Very easy to understand....
Simple instructions for making your own compost bin or worm bin.
I really want to try the worm bin. I think the kids would enjoy raising the worms for their poo!
Isn't this garden so inviting?...
It's not mine, of course! But I like the tidiness of the raised beds in the square pattern. Oh and that fencing to keep the deer and other critters out........ love that! Mine won't be that fancy but it has given me some inspiration.This next book is great....
Lots and lots of good ideas to try.
And I know this picture is super tiny, but you get the idea....
And I know this picture is super tiny, but you get the idea....
So GOOD!! Couldn't put this one down.
Not a gardening book, no. But a wonderful fiction to get lost in!
It's set in the 40's and 50's. About the struggles a man faces when his life doesn't go as he had planned. And when he tries to do it all on his own, he ends up losing so much. Through the love and commitment of his family and the help from an angel, he remembers that he can only face trials with God to guide him through.
Check it out.

I have a little trellised entry to my garden too! Love yours! What do you grow up it?
ReplyDeleteI'll be excited to see what you grow this year. I just got all my seeds in and the tomato plants are coming the first of April. I can't grow tomatoes from seed here (unless I start them indoors- and I so do not have time for that!)
My SIL got me You Grow Girl for Christmas. I have yet to read it though. I'll have to look into it! :)
Very good post. And you should be comforted to know that I at age 70 grew up on the farm in the 40's & 50's, yet I DO NOT KNOW how to make a garden. I've tried but failed miserably. Live under too many trees now to have one, even though I love the idea. I try raising a beautiful yard instead. Any of it is work.
ReplyDeletePray your garden grows well, and you learn lots for future time! Blessings
Grammyof13 - Doris
I hear ya...gardening IS alot of work! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm going to check out all those books from my library! Thanks for the heads up! :)
ReplyDeleteAmy