All around me things are growing.
These are growing...
And these are growing...
I'm growing...
I potted all my herbs. Right now they look small in their large pots, but soon they will grow and fill up the pots with their fragrant, green leaves.
So what happens when the roots reach the edge and the bottom of the pot?.... they stop growing, they begin to hunger for more nutrition and more space. They want to spread out.
I feel like that plant sometimes. My roots are reaching and seeking for more nutrition, more of God's word, more of His wisdom.
But my roots bump into walls at times. They come up against the sides and can't reach anymore.
God tells me to wait on Him.
To trust Him.
To bring everything to Him.
To know that my trials allow me to grow.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is the Lord.
For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit." --- Jeremiah 17: 7 & 8
I'm trying.
I'm trying to be that tree.
The one who spreads its roots by the river.
Who bears fruit and turns green.
The tree who doesn't fear heat.
I'm trying.......
Great post. I could use some of that patience too.
ReplyDeleteGood post, Be like the tree, fear not, stretch out, suck up all the good living water you can, let your branches and leaves and fruit sparkle in the sunshine of the day.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading a book right now called "Passionate Housewives Desperate For God" and it is sooooooo good. Your post reminded me of the book! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I haven't visited you in awhile, but you always write great pieces for us to embrace. Keep up the good work, and keep your eyes on those kids who grow up waaaayyy too fast.
ReplyDeleteGrammyof13