Monday, March 1, 2010

4-H Winners!

The boys had their 4-H Photography Contest this weekend and they both won blue ribbons!!

They were so excited when we arrived at the exhibit hall and they saw how well their photographs had done.

This is Bear's 1st place photograph in the Junior Landscape Division....

And Ryan got his blue ribbon with this picture of my niece at her 1st birthday party . First place in the Intermediate People Division...

Actually all the kids in our group who entered the contest ended up with at least one ribbon. They all did so well!

We are loving our new 4-H group. After having a bad experience with our previous club, I wasn't sure the kids would be up for trying another club out.

We are called the Fantastic 4-H'rs. It's a small group of only 6 kids. But we are all Christian families with very similar parenting standards and home life.

It's so wonderful to see the kids interact and enjoy each other's company. I believe we'll be with this club for a long time.


The 4-H Pledge:

I pledge my HEAD to clearer thinking;

my HEART to greater loyalty;

my HANDS to larger service;

and my HEALTH to better living for my club, my community, my country, my world.


5 comments:

  1. O.k. that is sooooooo weird because I was just thinking (in the shower) yesterday about what the 4 H's stand for in 4-H! :)
    What a great job the boys did- congratulations to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I've always been a HUGE fan of 4-H and wish my kids were involved. Kudos to your kids for those blue ribbons!! That is just wonderful. You must be bursting your buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners, both of them very accomplished photographers.

    Although never having joined a 4-h club, many of my Aunts, and Uncles were members when they were small. Nice to know that it is still flourishing, and growing.

    You asked about Lilacs, no....they might bloom in April this year, but usually it is May.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for 4-H! The picture really is beautiful! I spent 4th grade- 12th grade in 4-H & learned so much & had tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, how that brings back memories of my 4-h club days in high school. Sorry to say, I had forgotten the 40h slogan. Thanks for the reminder that should still ring true today. Good post. In fact all of your post are great!

    ReplyDelete