Monday, February 9, 2009

Snow Surprise

I don't watch the news. Never have.
So this morning after taking the kids to school, imagine my surprise when it started to snow. Now here it is 10:00 and it's still snowing!

Right now, looking out my back door:




And in just the 5-10 minutes since I took these pictures, the gaps between the deck boards are not visible anymore.

Flakes the size of Lindsey's palms are floating down in huge amounts.

Needless to say, I didn't go to my quilting group this morning. I figured I'd better stick close to home (and school) just in case!

Did you all know this was coming or are there others out there surprised this morning?

5 comments:

  1. i don't watch the news. only when eric has remote power and he is watching that i catch anything going on. last night i did hear that there is a huge cold front coming in. it is just supposed to rain here, at least that is what they say. you know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear it might snow here on Friday. I wish I were at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised with flakes this afternoon but ours did not stick around but now the wet is frozen for the morning commuters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It did snow a little here. luke was happy. I'm just cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are losing all of our snow. It was almost 45 degrees here today - and it should be more like -5. Crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete