Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Organic Fertilizer

It's that time of year; getting the garden ready for planting soon.

Oh, the boys just love this... can you tell?
Such a joyous occasion to go into the pasture with a bucket and shovel!

God-given fertilizer... what could be better? (notice the producers of our fertilizer in the background?)
It's free, and it's organic. We don't need the commercial, chemical stuff around here.

Our fertilizer is just laying around waiting to be scooped up!

They tried to get the job done by loading up on dried pies... won't work, boys!
It's got to be nice, squishy, fresh pies. They need to be "spreadable" to place on the garden area.
They have to be able to soak down into the soil.
Here is the garden. We will be tilling it in the next few weeks.

And the planting will begin the 3rd week of May.
Around here we have to wait until the end of May and first part of June for planting, to allow the soil to warm up some.

I'm sure alot of you are doing the same kind of preparations this time of year...
Garden Time!!

6 comments:

  1. I wish! I'm so busy. My one day a week that I get off is so packed. OH for lakes social security so I could take more time off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have mine all dug up but it still needs to be worked quite a bit. I did plant lettuce and swiss chard today. That's all I can put in until I'm sure the frost is gone which is usually the 3rd-4th week in May up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pie! Did someone say pie? Oh that kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mean of you to make those boys pick up cow poop. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you come till and fertilize my garden too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat that you can go get your fertilzer by the bucket :)

    ReplyDelete