I'm posting this recipe because of a recent request for a good spice cake recipe. (Here ya go, Leah).
We like this one. It's not a traditional spice cake but the applesauce makes it super moist and yummy.
Spicy Applesauce Cake
2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp each- cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice & cloves
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening ( I use butter-flavor Crisco)
2 cups applesauce
2 eggs, beaten
Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips and/or 1/2 cup raisins
In large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add the shortening, applesauce and eggs. Beat with electric mixer until well mixed. Stir in optional chocolate chips or raisins.
Pour into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay!!!! Thanks so much Lisa. I'm going to try this as soon as I can. I'll let you know how it turns out. Looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteLisa,
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful blog and family! I've often thought the greatest calling in life is to be a mother and wife and you are doing that well. Wish I could import you to my house to cook! God bless you and glad you are back online and feeling better. Will pray for your little one:)