This totally represents making do with what I had available.
When the nearest fabric/quilt store is at least 45 minutes away, sometimes ya just have to use up what ya already have!
I'm calling this one Teeter Totter because the light blue fabric has little boys & girls playing on teeter totters.
(sorry the pictures are so bad, I haven't ironed the blocks yet.)
The red plaid is cut from a shirt that both my boys had outgrown. I didn't want the quilt to be too cutesy, so I thought the plaid would give it some "strength".
My plan is to add a couple borders and give it away as a baby boy quilt. Although, I don't know any new baby boys or know of anyone having a baby boy right now!
It's been fun to put together. I just started sewing strips together to form a block. Liked the looks of it, so made a bunch more with an assortment of fabrics.
After laying them out all facing the same direction, I decided to rotate them to make an entirely different looking quilt top.
I'll show you more as soon as I get more done on it.
On another note, the kids and I are really enjoying summer! No alarm clock, no rushing out the door in the morning.
We still have baseball every night but the easy, laid-back mornings are balancing the schedule out nicely!
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer beginnings so far!!
If I were a kid, I'd want to live at Lisa's house:) So glad you're having a fun summer!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great quilt!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about having no quilt shop close. Our closest is an hour and a half away! Therefore, I do much fabric shopping online! Maybe a litte too much ;)
I love how the quilt is coming together! Use and make due has been the basis of quilt making for years! I think that you're doing great!
ReplyDeleteI also have about 45 minute drive to the fabric store, so I purchase most of my fabric online. I can get a wider variety of what I want that way, but I can also overload!!
I can't wait to see it finished!
oh I love it. Did you use a pattern or make it up?
ReplyDeleteA Wonderful Life, I just made it up as I went along. It was just something to use up fabric that I already had.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the nice compliment!
I love your quilts. Your summer sounds like it is off to a delightful start!
ReplyDelete