I'm sure I'll do another one of these when I have scraps that need used up.
This coin quilt is entirely done with scraps. The white sashing and border is from an old sheet that wasn't being used anymore.
I'm thinking I may use the rest of the sheet for the backing. That way the quilting will show up real nice. And it seems so fresh and clean!
And another thing accomplished today:
This was my skirt. I bought it at Goodwill about a year ago and have never worn it (just a bit too snug for my liking).
So today I cut out one of the panels and sewed it all back together. It took all of 3 minutes and Kaycie has a new skirt... And she loves it!
I was able to repurpose and reuse today for the quilt and the skirt. I like that both items were virtually FREE!! New creations!
And the best part about today: THE SUN WAS SHINING AND IT GOT HOT! Yeah!! Finally able to spend more time at the river with the kids. I love summer!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." --- 2 Corinthians 5: 17
Very cute! Great job on the quilt and the skirt is darling. Don't you love re-using? The best. And the perfect scripture. I love it.
ReplyDeleteLisa, why is it called a coin quilt? When you spoke of it earlier I thought it was going to be something with circles. Dig the skirt, nice!
ReplyDeleteYou did it!!!! Your quilt looks awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteKaycie's skirt is adorable too. Way to recylce clothes/sheets! You go girl!
I love them both! Great job on the quilt and I think the skirt is so cute. :-)
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is lovely, very fresh looking with the white sashing.
ReplyDeleteLisa, You are an artist! Makes me want to sew and quilt and do all the rest. Even your garden looks great!!
ReplyDeleteYea Lisa! I love your quilt! And the fabric the skirt is made of is so pretty! You did a great job on both!
ReplyDelete