Friday, October 16, 2009

Come Lord Jesus, Come!

It's impossible to not hear doom and despair these days. I know I can get drawn into the fear and uncertainty that our nation is facing.
But this morning, I'm reminded that the spirit of fear is not from God.
He doesn't want us to fear. He doesn't want us to be afraid of men or what men can do.

I believe it's important to know what is happening in our nation and to be aware of events that are changing the shape of this country. And to take a stand when a stand needs to be taken!! But I don't think we should be so totally consumed with it that we lose our focus.

We know, by reading Revelation, that things in this world are going to change. There is no doubt about that!
I'm not saying necessarily that I believe "The End" is here, I'm just saying that according to God's Word, certain things have to happen to fulfill His ultimate plan.

Reading in "Our Daily Bread" today brought me to this passage:

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore, comfort one another with these words."
--- 1 Thessalonions 4: 16 -18

Oh, how I look forward to that day!
And so I say.....
COME LORD JESUS, COME!!

6 comments:

  1. I echo you, Lisa! What a wonderful future we have:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how often - and just lately - I have shared some of these thoughts. Sometimes I look at the world - or even just the junk that's on TV - and think, "Oh can't He just come now? So my kids don't have to deal with all of this?" I'm so grateful to know that God is in charge. That He knows and loves this world even more than I do and that He will come according to his plan. And I'm so grateful for His love and patience with selfish, impatient, cranky me. And the knowledge that He will help me wait for him. And that He will help me as a mother to raise kids who can withstand the trials and tribulations we all face. I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.

    It's also comforting to know that there are other women (like you!) who share those feelings. Thanks for sharing that part of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!!! I cannot wait until that day comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you my friend. Come Lord Jesus Come! And I hope he comes soon.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree with your words. These are such uncertain times. Where would we be without the comfort from our Lord? blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete