Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Giving Up the Throne...




What does it mean to place Jesus on the throne of my life?


How do I go about doing it?


It's about letting go, it's about purging, it's about praying...


It's about hearing and listening to His voice...


Some days I get it right but most often, I mess it all up.


I like to be in control. I like sulking in my self-pity... but only to a degree.


Then I end up sick with myself. God nudges my heart and something happens.


I realize that bitterness is never the answer. At least it's not the answer I want. Bitterness only causes more strife, more arguments, more bitterness.


I saw this phrase recently,


"Love is never afraid of giving too much!"


Why am I afraid of giving too much? Do I not really have love?


It's because I forget this very important fact:


I can only love when I receive and acknowledge His love!


There is no way that I can produce love on my own.


1 John 4:19--- "We love Him because He first loved us."




5 comments:

  1. Lisa I love you. You have such a heart for our Lord and Savior. I pray for you daily. I know that God has a plan for you and your family. Even though it's not my plan I can still love you from here. It was so nice to see you this weekend. Remember even in times of struggle go back to the Cross. Here is a gentle reminder. I love this song and I hope you like it to.

    Love you and miss you more than I can express.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3-d_IrMm9A

    ReplyDelete