
A 2 year old wants to do everything themselves... no help! What do they say?.... "I do it!!!"
But what happens when they get hurt or frustrated? They began to yell for Mommy.
I'm just like that....
I want to do everything on my own. I want to be in control. "I DO IT!"
And then, I get hurt or I'm broken or overwhelmed and what do I do?
I run to my Father. "God, please help me! Get me out of this mess I've created."
I'm so thankful that my Father is patient, kind, loving, and always available.
That doesn't mean that He will get me out of my mess instantly. Sometimes that 2 year old needs to learn the consequences of actions. Sometimes I need to learn those consequences also.
But He always helps me make it through.
"Good and upright is the Lord;
Therefore He teaches sinners in the way.
The humble He guides in justice,
And the humble He teaches His way."
--- Psalm 25: 8 & 9
Great post, Lisa. I've often thought how our relationship with God is like the one I have with my kids. He is SO patient and loving and willing to help with our messes, like we are for them. And I'm so thankful. Plus He never gets tired or burned out like I do. Hallelujah:)
ReplyDeleteI completely agree!!!
ReplyDeleteWe should be looking to the Lord in all instances not just the ones we need help out of! ;)
Thanks for the reminder. ;)
ReplyDeleteI think we are all 2 years old at times....and our loving Father knows it.....just like loving fathers should. Love your words. blessings,Kathleen
ReplyDeleteGood post Lisa and so true! We all tend to do that. Ignore Him in the good times and want Him to bail us out of the bad times. That was a good reminder. Thank you.
ReplyDelete