But the weirdness of this week has been:
--A trip to urgent care with my daughter. She had stomach cramps so bad that she blacked out. Ran right into the wall and was very scared because she couldn't see me. Come to find out, she just had severe gas bubbles. I felt a bit silly after finding that out, but the Dr. said I did the right thing by bringing her in. It may have been something serious, such as appendicitis.
-- My son has his 2nd broken nose and he is only 11 years old! He hit heads very hard with another boy at school, playing football. So he is all swollen and very sore!
Other things happening around here:
-- Basketball practice has started for Ryan's middle school team. We only have 6 boys playing. They are going to be wiped out during games since only have one person on the bench!
-- I have a freezer full of fresh beef. Dad butchered and we have received our yearly supply of beef. I love opening it and seeing all that meat stacked in there so nicely!
-- I also made up a big bucket of homemade laundry soap. I'm gonna try it out and see if I like it. We are trying to cut corners around here so that money won't be so tight every month. The cost of making your own laundry soap is about $.o1 or less per load!!!
-- I had an eye appointment. I only go when I'm out of contacts and absolutely have to go. Come to find out, the astigmatism has gotten worse in my left eye. So I have to try some new contacts, hope they work out.
So that has been our week. Hopefully I'll have some sewing to show you soon. I'm having fun working on some things.
I discovered this Bible verse recently. I love the picture it produces in my mind. Thought I'd share it with you today:
"You shall have a song
As in the night when a holy festival is kept,
And gladness of heart as when one goes with a flute,
To come into the mountain of the Lord,
To the Mighty One of Israel."
--Isaiah 30: 29
Hi Lisa, never a dull moment!
ReplyDeleteIt's such a great feeling to have a freezer and pantry full to get your family through the winter! I can't wait to see your sewing. Thanks so much for sharing!
Yikes! You have had an eventful week. I hope your son's nose is on the mend and that he'll feel better soon. I make my own laundry soap and it is so much more economical.
ReplyDeletePoor kid. My daughter broke mine so I know exactly how he feels.
ReplyDelete