We've been preparing for an upcoming 4-H photography contest that the boys are entering. So we have spent some time sorting through photo files to choose which ones they would like to enter.
This is one that Bear has chosen to enter into the animal category.........
Ryan has yet to decide. He has some great shots of Lindsey that he'll probably enter in the people category. Still deciding.
The boys have also been completing the Foods and Nutrition Unit for 4-H. They both love to cook and bake.
I believe it is so important to teach these "life" skills to our children.
Here is Ryan preparing a sausage and egg breakfast casserole........
Kyle, Lindsey and I took a hike (about 3 or 3.5 mile round trip) up the logging road near our house. I didn't think that Lindsey's little legs would be able to make it up the steep hill to the very top.
But with a few rest stops, she did it!!!!
I'll be so sad when those chubby baby dimples are gone...........
(she was showing me the quartz rock she found)
This was on the way up........... a little break.......
Check it out!!!!!!! At the very top!....................
Relaxing in the setting sun before heading back down the hill.............
Then yesterday, Bear and I took a 5 mile hike. It felt so good to be out and to visit with him one on one.
It sprinkled on us a bit, but that was ok.
Other news from our house..........
I attended the school board meeting last week. Our principal/administrator is retiring and I was curious about how they would be hiring a new one.
As some of you know, I've not been happy with our current principal. I've been praying alot about what to do with my kids' education.
Well, I was chosen as 1 of 10 people to be on the Applicant Screening Committee to hire our next principal. I'm excited to be a part of this and to have a say in who is hired!
And of course, basketball, basketball, and more basketball.
There is always some kind of sport mixed into our weekly activities.
So, that's what we've been up to.
God bless you all!
Hey, nice week you had! Thanks for sharing all the photos. I love seeing pictures of your kids. Trying to stay on top of things in this beautiful weather is hard isn't it, the inside stuff just gets over looked when the days are nice, for us there has been way more nice days than naught, so the blog gets forgot. Today I am trying to keep ahead and then go out, but the sun is screaming in my window. Continue to have a good week my friend.
ReplyDeleteThat is a great photo!
ReplyDeleteI love chubby baby hands- I know how sad it is when they're gone! :)
Lisa, You all sound so busy and productive and happy:) I think it's an answered prayer that you were picked!! The Lord really does hear the cry of our hearts and answers. Love 4-H!!!! Your pics are great!
ReplyDelete