With baseball or soccer every night, we have not had any time to be at home and enjoy our family. It's been Ken going one way with a kid and me going the other way with another kid!
I think this may be the first time EVER that I have chosen to "skip" church.
But our kids needed this day, and we needed this day.
We stayed in our jammies all morning (I think Ryan kept his on all day).
We played card games, watched the NFL draft, pulled weeds outside, rode bikes, took a walk and played croquet in the yard.
It was GREAT!!
I have been so blessed with a healthy, wonderful family. Days like this remind us of how much we enjoy each other and how much fun just being a family can be.
Thank you God!
I'm so glad! I hear what your saying. I did the same, except the "skip" church part LOL! we had a softball game in the lower field. I missed you guys while we were there. It made me think of our time at the park and how much fun your three would have had with us. So glad that you made time for each other alone:) have a great day my beautiful friend!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a nice, relaxing day!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! It looks like a special day.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like you had a delightful day! And I enjoyed your walk in the park and the budding photographers' works. Anna loves to take self-portraits, and I am very thankful for non-film pictures!
ReplyDeleteI could not agree with you more... you are blessed! Enjoy the moments and opportunities you get to be with your family because they all grow up so quickly and fly away. We too, have been blessed and have had such a sweet life. Our little ones, however have flown away and life changes so quickly. Loved your photos. blessings,Kathleen
ReplyDelete