First of all, Thank you for all the sweet, get-well wishes for Lindsey and I.
We are definitely on the mend.
The medicine is working wonders on her and I'm "kicking" the yuckies the best I can.
___________________________________________________________________
I was thinking today about the way circumstances happen in our lives. I know that God sees the whole picture and we only see a tiny speck.
I know that He has plans for us.
I know that He brings people into our lives for a reason.
Sometimes it's good and other times we are crying out , "Why!!!??"
I recently got reconnected to a friend of mine that I haven't seen in 10 years.
At the time I had 2 boys and she had 2 boys and they were just babies.
Some horrific, awful things have been happening in her family the last year or so. When I read her email, I sobbed.
Severe medical problems and sexual abuse has infiltrated their family. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and anger that she and her husband have had to deal with.
It has me wondering what is God's plan in this situation.
It is so hard to see past the fear, confusion, and grief.
How do you find something positive in that?
It's times like this when people say, "Where is God? Where was God when this happened?"
My Mom made a statement when I shared this recent tragedy with her. And it was an answer to that exact question.
She said, "He was right where He was when His only Son died. He was right there."
He was there....
Feeling their pain...
Crying with them....
Knowing what it's like to have a child be abused...
And hurt....
And scarred, emotionally and physically....
God was there.
And He is still there...
Waiting with open arms...
Ready to enfold them in His unfailing love...
Wanting to wipe their tears...
Wishing they would run to Him.
As I sit here tonight, thinking on these thoughts, the tears begin to flow all over again.
My friend, whom I care so much for, has had to face "hell".
She has had to live things in her mind that no parent should ever have to imagine.
My prayers rise up for her and her family. I see them. They float up to my eternal Savior.
He feels the tears attached to them.
I remind myself that He knows all. He sees all.
And most importantly He can heal all.
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
Revelation 21: 4
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What an inspiring post! Perfect for my thoughts on this Easter weekend.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful, Lisa. I agree, perfect for Easter.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you and the little one are doing better. Pneumonia is scary! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
I will add your friend and her family to my prayers for the unimaginable pain they are going through, your words are good. He is a good and caring God all the time and His love never fails.
ReplyDeleteI too have just discovered a friend who has had to deal wiht this same issue. It makes me think of the shack and how "God" describes being there with the little girl. How he comforted her and brought her peace. i will pray for their peace. BTW, I miss you.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are feeling better and that you reconnected with a friend. When my children were young, they used to ask me why did God let "bad" things happen. I have always believed, God is not the one who makes these things happen. Be it nature, the devil, circumstances brought on by ourselves..... God is there to help us through these things and to make us better by getting through them. I am probably not correct on this kind of thing, but it is something I have always believed and it has always helped me get through. Have a blessed week, blessings,Kathleen
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great friend. I will remember them in my prayers.
ReplyDelete