I don't have a pattern, I just cut 6" blocks out. Then decided to do some 4-patch blocks with the smaller print fabrics.
Let me know which layout you like best...
Option #1:
Alternating blocks in a horizontal row but keeping similar blocks in the vertical rows.
Option #2:
Alternating all blocks vertically and horizontally.
Option #3:
Similar blocks going horizontal.
I am planning on using a solid army-green fabric for sashing between rows.
I have no clue where to go from here, being the new quilter that I am.
Oh well, it's all a learning process, right?
I cote for option #2. I think that will have the most effective overall look when the quilt is finished. He should love it. Have you thought about sashing vertically and horizontally? Sometimes that looks good too.
ReplyDeleteLisa- not that I know anything about quilting but I vote for #2. I think it stands out as the most interesting.Becky
ReplyDeleteI think he is going to like it. Maybe I will move to Eddyville and you can give me lessons. LOL Great work Lisa you are such a blessing.
ReplyDelete#2, Lisa:) I love quilts!
ReplyDeleteI vote option number 2! It's going to look great.
ReplyDeleteI for #2 also. I am just a beginner too. Thanks for visiting me. I can't wait to see the quilt finished!
ReplyDelete