Saturday, August 22, 2009

Homework Stations

I just got the newest issue of Family Fun magazine and actually found some things i'd like to try. Normally, i read through the issue and set it aside, I never really get around to making anything in it.This is a Homework Station. It's made using a tri-fold display board. One display board will make 2 stations.
I love this idea! I live in a small house with 4 kids (3 who have to do homework) and homework time becomes a stressful, chaotic routine on some days.
I'll have one kid at the dining room table, one at the kitchen counter, and another in a rocking chair in the family room. Which isn't always a bad thing until somebody needs a new pencil or a ruler and disrupts the other children still working.
These homework stations provide them with their own space and storage for supplies.
You glue (or sticky dot) 2 clothespins onto the board to use as a clip for weekly papers or reminders. You can apply a magnetic strip to hold a stapler, paper clips, scissors, etc. A small pencil pouch to keep extra pencils and erasers handy!
And the best part: they fold up, nice and neat, to be put away until the next day!!
I plan on trying this out... and hoping that it works to keep homework disruptions to a minimum!
You can check it out in more detail at Family Fun website.

"For God is not the author of confusion but of peace...
Let all things be done decently and in order."
--- 1 Corinthians 14: 33a & 40

1 comment:

  1. these are really cute! this would definately make homework fun! :)

    ReplyDelete