Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Bestest, Moistest Chocolate Cake Ever!

I'm not exaggerating at all... it truly is the moistest chocolate cake!
And a great way to use up some of the zucchini coming out of the garden.


Zucchini Chocolate Cake

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup baking cocoa ( I used a tad more... oops, it came out faster than I expected!)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

in mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, beat well after each addition. Beat in oil and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, soda, baking powder and cinnamon in another bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in zucchini and nuts.
Spread into greased 13x9 baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool before cutting.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I made zuchinni chocolate cake before (different recipe) and it was soooooo moist. I'll have to give this one a try. Thanks for the recipe, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Lisa, I have this recipe and had just made it last night....I was going to post it on my cooking blog....but now that I find it here, I will post something else. I just love the way this tastes and it is such a good way to use up zuchinni! Blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete