Friday, September 18, 2009

Take a Big Breath!!


-school starting
-volunteering at school
-watching a friends' kids so she could volunteer at school
-football practice for Kyle
-football practice for Ryan
-2 Dr.s appt's for Ryan... staph infection...yuck!
-grocery shopping
-birthday present shopping
- 2 football games
-Booster/Parent club meeting
-meeting with the principal to discuss Booster/Parent Club ideas
-preparing for Open House at school

All this in the last 6 days.... uuuughhhh!!!!

And the schedule doesn't look like it's gonna slow down any time soon!

Some days I really feel like I lose perspective on what's truly important.... Jesus! And my time with Him.

Although the kids and I have been doing some devotion and Bible time in the mornings during breakfast. I look forward to this time. It's just a few minutes but really has brought out some good topics of conversation.


How do you fit it all in? How do you manage your time and still have enough time for what's important?

"But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord;
I say, 'You are my God.'
My times are in Your hand;
Deliver me from the hand of my enemies,
And from those who persecute me."
--Psalm 31: 14 & 15

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    I was wondering where you were! You are busy. We've been having our family devotions at breakfast before the kids leave for school and I find it's a good way to get them started to face their day. Our children are not involved in sports so our schedule is not as crazy as yours. How long does football last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Enjoy ALL these moments because they do grow up and ;)...I am just getting used to less busyness and can be found wandering into my son's rooms etc....when they are not here anymore. what a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa. Thanks for the reminder. I really need to make time for God. I hope life slows down for you. I love you and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew. I'm just tired reading your list. I guess I just don't watch tv.... Plus my "commute" home is a 15 minute walk, so I don't spend much time in the car.

    ReplyDelete