Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, New Projects

I already have a couple of projects going for the New Year.

We finally found some sturdy, wood bunk beds for the girls! (After months of searching for what we wanted at a good bargain). Come to find out, a guy that works with Ken had this set. They have been sanded down so all we need to do is prime and paint!
So now we need to get another twin mattress and the girls have new beds.
Lindsey was so excited as Daddy was putting them together in the family room to dry out. It has been so wet and rainy that being out in the shop made them damp.





And I actually knitted something!!! A little hat for the girls to use for toys and baby dolls. It's the very first thing I've ever knitted and it has some flaws but I'm still pleased with it.
(Ok, I'll admit I cheated a little bit.... I used the Knifty Knitter round loom that Kaycie got for Christmas.... so it's not knitting with needles but still fun to do) Kaycie has been working on a larger hat for her so it's not completed yet.
Once she gets the hang of it, she wants to make up some baby size hats to donate to the hospital.

I've also decided to start on homemade gifts to give during the year for birthdays, anniversaries, and even for next Christmas. Christmas sneaks up on me every year and I want to have a head start on a simpler, handmade Christmas.
I've already been looking through craft books from the library and getting ideas of things to create!
(Not sure how this will go, but at least I'm making an effort).
This verse has nothing to do with what I've posted but I read it this morning and thought it was a nice thought about how God controls our earth and nature.
"The sun also rises, and the sun goes down,
And hastens to the place where it arose.
The wind goes toward the south,
And turns around to the north;
The wind whirls about continually,
And comes again on its circuit.
All the rivers run into the sea,
Yet the sea is not full;
To the place from which the rivers come,
There they return again."
-- Ecclesiastes 1: 5-7

4 comments:

  1. Those beds look great.

    I know what you mean about Christmas sneaking up on you. It happens to me every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little hat its hard to learn to knit or crochet in the round. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunk beds are so fun! (when you're young and can crawl up there!) The girls are beautiful.
    Looks like you had a great Christmas. I really enjoyed all the pics you have posted. I'm with you, I hope to be more organized next year so I can take more time to enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunk beds are fun and such a great space saver! Love your knitted hat! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete