Monday, December 1, 2008

Chocolate Banana Bread



This is a very good version of banana bread.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas, about 2 or 3
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
chopped nuts, optional

Cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; add to the banana mixture. Fold in the nuts if adding them. Spoon into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. Check doneness with a knife. Cool for a few minutes before removing from pans.



2 comments:

  1. It sounds great, Lisa. I love the little snowman baker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying this one....hey I have the same serving tray (snowman)LOL! How do I write back to your comments? and no that one is new. Yesterday as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete