Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Cure for Cabin Fever

What do ya do when the kids are getting cabin fever? We are all getting a little stir-crazy after 5 days being stuck at home.

The snow was great... we spent alot of time outside. But now it's ICY and SUPER COLD!!! Ten minutes is about the limit to be outside and even then you can hardly stand up without slipping and sliding.
So after time on the playstation and watching TV, I said," That's it. Come up with something else to do for awhile!!"


IDEA #1: TWISTER



That's quite a pose there, Kaycie!

Even Lindsey joined in... I don't think she understand that you have to put your hands on the big circles... ha ha! Notice the orange shorts. She had to have shorts on just like big sis. They came down to her ankles!

Yikes... someone's gonna fall!

She's moved on to better things... a Strawberry Shortcake coloring book.


IDEA #2: LET THE BABY ENTERTAIN YOU

The kids were playing in the bedroom and I heard hysterical laughter. This is what I found... Lindsey was making them all laugh by putting 2 binkies in her mouth and making silly faces.

IDEA#3: MAKE CANDY

We make this candy every year... very, very easy!

Break up pretzels and mix into melted chocolate. Spread on waxed paper and put in frig to set up. Then just break into bite size chunks and store in a sealed container in the frig. This time we added some Heath baking bits into it, I also made a batch using butterscotch chips. Whatever you have on hand... use your imagination!

This is a batch waiting to harden up in the frig. We also make it using white chips and broken peppermint candies. But in the rush to get grocery shopping done before the ice storm hit, I forgot the white baking chips. Oh well!


IDEA #4: PLAYDOUGH & DRAWING


Just when I thought things were going to get crazy around here again, the neighbor lady called. She wanted to know if the kids would like some playdough and other things that her teenage son doesn't need anymore. Are you kidding!!? Just in time!!!


She loved the playdough... but not the same way the other kids do. Let's just say "Thank God it's non-toxic!!"


The neighbors also sent over a huge drawing book with drawing paper and a stack of tracing paper. Perfect!


Kaycie closed her eyes just as I shot this pic... but look at her drawing. Can you see the lemur on a branch?
What does your family do to cure cabin fever? I'd like more ideas... please!!!


3 comments:

  1. Playdough was one of my children's favorite things to play with! I miss that so much! Love your pictures. Just dropped by to wish you a Merry Christmas and many blessings for the new year! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas for cabin feaver. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa! You won the candy cane tote! Please email me your mailing address.

    ReplyDelete