Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sugar Cookies

I'm always on the search for a great sugar cookie recipe... I don't really like the ones with cream of tartar... it leaves a funny aftertaste. I found this recipe in a cookbook that I bought recently. I hope you like these as much as we do...


3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 cup milk

Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and nutmeg together. Set aside.
With a mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
Add the egg and mix well.
Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk until a soft dough forms.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness.. Cut into whatever shapes you want.
Place on lightly sprayed cookie sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes until the edges begin to get golden brown.
Decorate with frosting and sprinkles.
Have fun!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy do you have any good frosting recepies?

    Marla

    ReplyDelete