Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Mood

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!! (around here anyway!)


I took down the Harvesty decorations and put up some Christmas stuff. I don't have alot because in the last couple of years, mice and rats have gotten into my Christmas totes and destroyed things. uggghhh!
So I guess I will gradually build up my collection as I see things that I like.



The stockings were (NOT) hung by the chimney with care... I always hang them on the wall, it freaks me out to hang them near the woodstove! I had a hard time getting them all in the picture, if you look closely you can count all 6.

Goodwill find (3.99). Love it!! It stands over 1 foot tall.

My Mom got this for the kids last year. Each pocket (numbered 1-25) has a little book that you read each night. A cute idea for a nativity countdown tradition.

I've had these for years. The carolers are one of my favorites. You wind it up to hear "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". The white trees hold a tealight candle in the middle.



The BEST Christmas reading for you and the kids. I pull these out every year. Mary's First Christmas by Walter Wangerin Jr. and Christmas Hearts by Tim Roehl. Both of these books have absolutely beautiful illustrations. FAVORITES!!

My Christmas Rabbits Shelf Sitters. Had them for years. The new item is the candle in the center. Kaycie made it for me for Thanksgiving and I love it. I decided to keep it up instead of packing it away with the other Fall things. The base is made out of dried beans and popcorn. Around the candle is raffia and eucalyptus.

Anybody else out there getting decorated for Christmas? Turn on the Christmas tunes and sing away. Light up the house with reminders of God's ultimate Gift to us... Jesus Christ... Our Savior!

3 comments:

  1. I love the 'countdown' type of books or decorations. I think I may have to try and buy one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't decorating fun? I love your Goodwill nativity scene! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a goodwill find! that nativity is beautiful. I listen to christmas music all day on myspace! I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete