Monday, August 10, 2009

American Flag... Finally Done!!!

I have been working on this for MONTHS, off and on.

I was so scared I would mess it up... this is the one that was a gift from Amy , she sent me the pattern and fabric .... and I really, really did not want to ruin it!

So after some very helpful advice from Heather
and reading through Amy's binding tutorial (about 10 times!!), I've finally completed it!!

I love it! My favorite so far of anything I've completed.

I just did simple diagonal lines for the quilting.

(I have a question for you bloggers out there: how do you make a link attach to somebody's name? Like above in my post, how would I make Amy and Heather a link to their blogs without having to type the whole site address?)

UPDATE: THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS EXPLAINED THE WHOLE LINK THINGY TO ME!! YOU ARE ALL SOOOO GREAT!!!

"The end of a thing is better than its beginning;

The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit."

---Ecclesiastes 7: 8


10 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    I sent you an e-mail with some instructions, I hope this helps. You can always go back and edit this post and add the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,you did a fab job on the quilt! The diagonal quilting is perfect!
    I'm not sure how to do it on blogspot, but on typepad, there's a little link button that you can highlight the word and press that button and enter the url of the link you want the word to go to. Look for a chain link-like pic in your edit screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hip, hip, hooray! It looks great. Everything: back, quilting, binding . . . wonderful. I hope it was more fun than stressful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Lisa! It's so beautiful.

    Type in the person's name and then go back and highlight it with your cursor. Then press the little linky thing on your toolbar that shows up when you are typing a new post. Type in the address and it should link it for you.

    I probably didn't explain that well! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your quilts are beautiful, Lisa!! Have you ever thought of hanging them on your walls? I do this though my husband is not fond:)
    By the way, I made your cheeseburger meatloaf last night and you should have seen it disappear:) Definitely one we will have again. The French fried onion rings topping it were great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is excellent!! Wow! what an accomplishment. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your binding looks FABULOUS!!! Yay! Way to go! :) I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Now are you going to hang it? Or will it be used in picnics or on some lucky person's bed? Just lovely! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the flag quilt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Such a great job. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete