
Far Above Rubies Quilt made by Charlotte Bull.
Look what I stumbled across on the internet last night... a Bible quilt!
Each block has a name referring to a Bible scripture or story... I love that! Names like Jacob's Ladder, Children of Israel, Walls of Jericho, Sarai's Choice, etc.
Here is another example:
Made by Judy Anne Breneman.
Isn't that pretty?
I'm thinking that I'm gonna tackle one of these quilts and give it to someone special for Christmas (can't name names).
After the quilt is complete, I will iron transfer the name of the block along with the Bible verse or verses that match up with it onto the back.
The person I'm thinking of is going to love this!
Now to decide on colors. I love scrappy quilts so I'll probably do it that way but with a certain color theme to match this persons house.
If you want more info on this, check out this site.
"Your word is a lamp to my feet,
And a light to my path."
-- Psalm 119 : 105
What a neat idea. I do have a book of crocheted afghans based on scripture.
ReplyDeleteLove the quilts - so neat that they have a Biblical link!! Wish I had your crafty genes:) They must bring you and those around you lots of joy.
ReplyDeletethat's going to make one special gift Lisa! Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteLooks beautiful! What a great project.
ReplyDeleteI love all those blues.
ReplyDelete