
I always feel a little sad when Christmas is over... I wish it could stay the week before Christmas forever.
I want to keep my tree and the lights up...

But can it be CHRISTmas every day? Is it possible to carry those feelings through out the year?
I want to keep my tree and the lights up...
I want to bake some more goodies with the kids...
I want to watch the anticipation on the children's faces...
I want to crank up the Christmas music a while longer...
Of course, time goes on and the day passes by. I suppose if it was Christmas every day it wouldn't be as special...

But can it be CHRISTmas every day? Is it possible to carry those feelings through out the year?
Can I keep my home cozy and decorated for each season? YES
Can I bake with my kids more often? YES
Can I enjoy the childlike expressions of my kids each day? YES
Can I turn on some music that directs me to Him and sing along? YES

So in a way I can have Christmas throughout the year.... I'm the one that can treasure it in my heart and allow those feelings of joy to spill out to my family.
I can celebrate the miraculous birth of my Savior, Jesus, each and every day!!
It's good to be back here at my blog... It's been awhile!! We've had a very nice Christmas celebration with our families.
I got a new camera for Christmas, yeah!! so I'll be trying out some things with that and posting pictures soon.
I love you all, and appreciate all my friends, whether I've known you personally for a long time. Or we've become friends over this silly little thing we call a computer!
Have a wonderful "Christmas Let-down" Season!
Yes you can! Those are perfect ideas about how to make everyday very similar to the things we love about Christmas, the centering on Christ and the special moments with our children and finding little special celebrations and surprises. I bet you already do many of this year round. I hope you had a great Christmas!
ReplyDeleteLisa, I just love your words and thoughts on this! What a wonderful way to look at the end of Christmas season. Blessings, Kathleen
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean! Even though things are so busy getting ready for Christmas and I look forward to having the busy stuff over, suddenly Christmas itself is over! I always love the week after. Eating all the goodies, still watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music and NOT having to make anymore lists or check them twice.:)
ReplyDeleteI love you thoughts as always. Thanks for the reminder about keeping the spirit of Christ all year.
Great thoughts about keeping Christ in our lives all year long!
ReplyDeleteLisa those are good thoughts to keep in mind all year long. Becky
ReplyDeleteI love the way you think. and I love the way you write, you inspire me my love!
ReplyDelete