Friday, December 12, 2008

Chunky Crayons

What can come from this mess?

These can!!!

I have heard about melting down old and broken crayons to make new ones. I've never tried it... so the kids and I began peeling crayon paper!
I think under my fingernails is permanently stained a myriad of colors.

Once you have them all peeled and snapped into small sections, put into muffin tins that have been sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.

We organized some by colors and others we just combined a bunch of different colors.

Stick in a 275 degree oven and watch until melted. Ours took about 8-10 minutes.

Remove and swirl the melted wax with a toothpick.
Allow to cool and harden. Then carefully pop out of the muffin tins.

They are perfect for those chubby little baby hands....

but maybe not so perfect to sample a little taste!!! I think she may be saying, "Yuckkkk!"


Lindsey showing Mommy how pretty her new crayon is.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Im not sure the older kids would like coloring with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it's adorable! And it would work as a good gift right now:) with finances and all :)

    ReplyDelete